[REVIEW] Educated

EducatedEducated by Tara Westover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now I get why this book is on everyone's TBR or everyone's favourites.... It's a memoir that reads like a thriller, which makes it even more creepy!!!
"holy guacamole, this is not fiction, this lady really lived through this"

I am not summarising the book, many people did that already and in a much better way.
What I will say, however, is that I've been thinking for a long time that education is the solution for most of humanity's problems, but I never quite understood why most people don't like to learn, are not curious, don't use the amazing source of knowledge we have today in the tip of our hands! (yep, I am from the pre-cell phone era, guys)
But this book showed me a glimpse of the isolation people feel when they start changing, shifting, learning and questioning... at some point, in your learning process, you have to decide if you step out of your comfort zone into the unknown (alone, probably you will suffer some of aggression), or if you stay where you are...
Today, I think differently, but the idea is not completely settled in my head... I would say something like this "most world's problem would be solved by the willing of brave people to be educated..."

View all my reviews

Sem comentários: