[REVIEW] On Immunity

On Immunity: An InoculationOn Immunity: An Inoculation by Eula Biss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Imagine you are a scientist (like me) and you read a book about vaccination written by a poet (like Eula Biss)... Now imagine you would stop several times along the book reading to think "How come I cannot write science like this?"
Can you imagine how I am feeling right now?

Well, I have to be honest, the book is not about science only, it explores a lot of scientific concepts, but it´s essentially an exploration of the vaccination subject: the origin of the word, the concept of strange bodies entering our body, conscientious objectors, individualism, public health, pollution & contamination...
I did not feel influenced by the writing or by the author´s opinion, but I have to be honest, my opinion on this subject is too strong to be influenced by anyone... so you might feel differently while you are reading it.
Nevertheless, the language is so rich, and the book travels so far and visits so many new places, you should give it a chance!

View all my reviews

Sem comentários: