[REVIEW] Morning Star

Morning Star (Red Rising Trilogy, #3)Morning Star by Pierce Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so surprised with this trilogy!! Where the hell were these books until now, how come I just found them out?!

I think I would have loved to read these books on my early twenties, but now (in my mid-thirties) I enjoy so many details and subliminal messages of leadership, courage, friendship, vulnerability, trust… all concepts that I am trained for at my job & real life!! I am amazed that these messages are actually being passed by to Young Adults… wait, is this a YA book? There´s a lot of blood, deaths, lost body parts... but no sex (I remembered a youtuber once commenting on this: YA books can have huge amounts of blood and violence, so much it can take our sleep way, but sex… OMG no way! That´s scandalous!... ahahahah – I find it a strange kind of morality and decency, but anyways…)

So, yes! Go Reds! I loved this trilogy and in particular Tim Gerard Reynolds narrating the audiobooks… He is so awesome, I have no words for it… He managed to completely absorb me in the story, but better than that: Darrow has sometimes humor shifts, first he feels sad, then he starts getting angry and suddenly he is all courage and determination, a wrecking ball… well, there I was on my bike on my way to work, emotionally exhausted at 8am because Tim just walked me through the whole thing as if is the mood swing had just happened to me!!! This is what you want in an audiobook narrator!!!

Guys, you need to listen to the audiobooks of this trilogy! Well, actually, it´s not a trilogy anymore, according to Goodreads it´s going to be 6 books…
As for me, I need a break from the emotional drainage, I lived that war and saw many friends die… it was too hard, I will start Iron Age after 1 or 2 non-fiction books…


View all my reviews

Sem comentários: