[REVIEW] The Power

The PowerThe Power by Naomi Alderman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved it! I was in the right place in life and time to read it and enjoy it, 5* is the rating I give to books I normally buy extra copies to distribute around, and this is definitely one of them...
The story itself shows how power is the tool to corruption, you see a shift in evolution, in "power" roles, beliefs and religions, the pain and failure of it all... Basically, what I call the little fish (the dreamers) and the sharks (the ones who take advantage) of a revolution!
But the 5* is so very related to the last pages of the book, the letters between Naomi and Neil, where Naomi feels "instinctively [...] that a world run by men would be more kind, more gentle, more loving and naturally nurturing"... these letters as a conclusion of the book are so amazingly rich, the parallels drawn are so unthinkable, I cannot stop thinking about it... Naomi was indeed genious here, in my opinion!

View all my reviews

Sem comentários: