[REVIEW] This is going to hurt

This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior DoctorThis Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor by Adam Kay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's really a pity that NHS in the UK is quite similar to the Portuguese equivalent. Doctors work indeed too many hours while having people lives in their hands and being disrespected by the system... there are a few relevant differences, however... while Adam Kay seemed quite humble, I have the perception that my home country's doctors feel a bit above the law and above God. --> this is not a topic to discuss here, of course (maybe I should write a book about it) but after reading this book I started to wonder if this "God complex" isn't but a coping mecanism for the pressure and sometimes failure (with terrible consequences) they face...
Anyway, it was a good laugh and much appreciated in these social-distancing times! I can't decide between 4* or 5* for this one. I really liked it, but it was not .... amazing or life changing... Let's keep it at 4* for now!

View all my reviews

Sem comentários: