[REVIEW] "My dark Vanessa"

My Dark VanessaMy Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can’t believe this is a debut novel...
I listened to this on audio and Grace Gummer did an amazing job acting/reading as Vanessa, but I am pretty sure this is also amazing on paper.
I was so confused by this relationship, this obsession. At 20% I was like “is this a love story after all?” But than I saw it, i witnessed through Vanessa’s description that her interpretation was completely distorted, and the cringy parts are even worse than I imagined because the context is so well built that I was able to see her absolutely alone, vulnerable, a prey... Strane a predator, manipulative and powerful...
I am looking forward to Kate’s next book!
PS - dogs are indeed the best therapy <3 br="">

View all my reviews

Sem comentários: